Wednesday, May 30, 2007

Glory Alleluia 37 Years of God's Mercy

“Glory alleluia”






I remember the Poem lyrics of Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening by Robert Frost.
The woods are lovely, dark and deep, But I have promises to keep, And miles to go before I sleep, And miles to go before I sleep.
Psalm says in 66:16: "Come and hear, all you who fear God, and I will tell what he has done for me". God gave me 37 years of Blessings. My whole life is a sign of God’s Providence from my birth till today.
When I celebrate my birthday today I thank God for my parents who gave me life, faith and religion. Though I studied 11 years for priesthood my faith which I treasure today is all what my parents gave to me when I was a small child.I thank God for enabling me to have a profound experience of the Love of God through my brothers and sisters.
Birth and rebirth, an earthly family and the great family of God: this is the great gift of God's multiple mercies, the foundation which supports us.
The Apostle Thomas' encounter with the Risen Lord: the Apostle is permitted to touch his wounds and thereby recognizes him -- over and above the human identity of Jesus of Nazareth, Thomas recognizes him in his true and deepest identity: "My Lord and my God!" (Jn 20:28). When I joined the Carmelites when I was just 16 years of age God gave me different chances to experience Him trough many people and events and from different Countries. When I left home I did not actually abandoned my home but I really expanded the four walls and the roofs of my home to the whole world where I went and it include even this great parish. Jesus did promise that He will give everything in 100 fold. He gave me everything in 100folds. I got many fathers and mothers and sisters and brothers and friends and families all over the world who really took care of me as their own family member. When I look back to my life I have nothing to say but kneel down and raise my hands to heaven and cry out “Glory alleluia”. My life is a sign of God’s Providence.
God's mercy accompanies us daily. To be able to perceive his mercy it suffices to have a heart that is alert. Every moment is God’s blessings when we really look into it. How can we pay back to Him for all that He is doing for us? All are all God’s Just Mercy. If, however, we open our hearts, then as well as immersing ourselves in them we can be constantly aware of how good God is to us; how he thinks of us precisely in little things, thus helping us to achieve important ones.
A long while ago, a man was walking down an avenue and he saw some masons hard at work. He walked up to one of them and asked him, "What are you doing?" The man looked up and replied, "I am laying bricks." As he walked ahead he saw another one of the masons laying bricks. This particular mason was working with utmost dedication and concentration. He would pick each brick up, carefully align it after having put just the right amount of mortar, and then dexterously move onto the next one. Impressed with his skill, the man walked up to him and asked him the same question. "What are you doing, my good man?"
The mason looked up and replied, "I am building a cathedral."
I would like to thank the Lord all my family members, friends, benefactors and all of you with all my heart. I wish to end this with a prayer of the holy Pope, St Leo the Great: "Pray to our good God that in our day he will be so good as to reinforce faith, multiply love and increase peace. May he render me, his poor servant, adequate for his task and useful for your edification, and grant me to carry out this service so that together with the time given to me my dedication may grow. Amen".

Thank You.

No comments: